A Message from the National Program Manager
2022 has been a highly productive year across the board.
With lockdown periods finally easing, and innovation in full swing, the importance of utilising postgraduate-level research expertise for the benefit of Australia’s future has never been more clear.
As we prepare to farewell 2022, we reflect on the impact APR.Intern has had in the last 12 months:
- We were thrilled to launch APR.Intern’s new program model, which allowed us to continue facilitating PhD student placements following the completion of our government grant period in 2021.
- Under the new program model, we placed 55 PhD students into internships across the country.
- We welcomed 8 universities as subscribed University Partners.
- We welcomed 24 new Industry Partners across 8 sectors including innovative start-ups and SMEs, large corporates, internationals and government agencies.
- We celebrated 2 significant program partner milestones – the successful completion of our partnership with IMCRC, and a 50 internship milestone with our friends at MTPConnect.
- We celebrated APR.Intern’s 900th internship! A collaboration between an innovative medtech start-up and one of our subscribed University Partners, Swinburne.
- We launched our new online Student Database of PhD and Masters by Research students, from universities across the country, for industry to search through and utilise.
- We achieved a 40% female participation rate and 45% of interns placed were domestic students.
- We maintained a 99% program satisfaction rate among students, industry and academic mentors.
- An impressive 76% of industry partners surveyed implemented internship research outcomes and 61% of industry partners surveyed intended to continue collaborating with the university post-internship.
- Our team attended the University of Melbourne’s Excellence Awards, where we were presented with the award for Professional Excellence and Innovation.
Thank you to all our industry, university and program partners for your ongoing support, and to this year’s 55 interns who demonstrated incredible dedication.
On behalf of the APR.Intern team, I wish you a very happy and safe festive season.
With best regards,
National Program Manager, APR.Intern