Open Architecture System Study – Project Maps
Location: Heatherton, VIC
Duration: 5 months
Please note: Due to the sensitivity and security of this project, students must have Australian Citizenship to apply. Any applicants not meeting this requirement will automatically be deemed ineligible for this project.
Moog Australia has recently been transferred from the Moog Industrial Group to become the regional Asia Pacific headquarters for the Moog Space and Defence group, providing a substantial growth opportunity for both domestic and export activities.
This project will focus on conducting a systems need analysis of the current ERP and support IT suites that are utilised on site. The goal of the project is to define, build and implement a customised Production System Architecture capable of scaling with a growing business. The system will support products for defence market applications of Moog product lines in the Australasian and Asia Pacific Regions. This research aims to identify process and systems roadblocks that can be enhanced by the application of an SQL type system to act as a key enabler to an efficient production site.
Research to be Conducted
Detailed process and system review aimed at identifying key constraints which results in the development and implementation of manufacturing software tool that provides functionality to plan and execute projects from beginning to end, while automating materials planning, production tracking and scheduling and product life cycle management
- Process mapping analysis of key value streams.
- Gap analysis and assessment of the existing ERP system
- Gap and analysis and assessment of existing supporting IT tools and applications.
- Design, build and implement a fit for purpose solution to manage the business with scalable features.
- Define, construct and implement the necessary KPI’s to track and monitor the business.
- Gap analysis of existing ERP system (Mfg Pro) and development of migration plan to the new system (SAP).
- Conduct Gap analysis of the existing system and develop a robust scalable Asset Management Data base that incorporates customised reporting, Maintenance Management and Consumable reports
- Conduct analysis of a custom requirements management tool and create customised reports required to support Requirements Engineering and System Engineering of local programs
- Conduct analysis and develop custom data base to interface with production test stands in order to process acquired data and generate customer reports.
If you meet the below criteria or have a passion to be involved, we’d encourage you to apply or speak to our Business Developer:
- Background in Information technology and SQL type programming skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of IT systems architecture.
- Business acumen
- Good understanding of commercial outcomes and economic structures and requirements
- Manufacturing experience and knowledge (desirable, not requirement)
The outcomes of the project would include a comprehensive report mapping the production control process and flow systems (Value Chain) and an IT Production System that that addresses the following areas:
- Customer Relationship Management Activity
- Shop Floor Control
- Rough Cut Capacity Planning
- Document Management and configuration control.
- Customer Test and evaluation reports.
- Export control compliance and tracking.
- Key Performance Indicator dashboard.
- Impact to Moog Resources on skills and resources (SWOT/PESTLE analysis and skill gap analysis)
- Conclusion – ‘So what aspect’ (Recommendations for future research and direction with above research outcomes)
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours, spending at least 80% of their time on-site with the industry partner. The intern will be expected to maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
30 October 2019
APR – 1150