No internships available in your region? Submit a general application with potential industry partners you would like to work with!
If you have a potential industry partner who is interested in using APR.Intern to facilitate an internship project, please read the below application process and submit a General Application.
How the application process works:
- Submit your application via the APR.Intern website
- Our team checks your application for completeness and eligibility within 3 business days of receipt
- If you meet minimum eligibility requirements, your application will progress to an APR.Intern Business Development Adviser
- The Business Development Adviser will review your application and call you within 10 business days to discuss next steps
- The Business Development Adviser may arrange a meeting with you and your academic supervisor to discuss your research and list of potential industry partners
- The Business Development Adviser will follow up with the contacts listed in your potential industry partners form to try to negotiate an internship opportunity
- If successful, you and your academic supervisor will meet with the industry partner to work out the project plan and progress to an internship agreement
- If we have not been able to secure an internship for you within 3 months, we will notify you and close your application, but you can re-apply with a new set of potential industry partners
Whilst it is not mandatory to know someone within the companies you have listed as your preferred industry partners, any existing networks or contacts that you or your supervisor may have can increase the ability of our Business Development team to negotiate an internship project for you.
The more solid the industry partner preferences you provide, the more avenues we can pursue to negotiate an internship project for you. However if your research is within a niche field and you cannot provide all 5 preferences, you can explain the value that your research can bring to the industry partners you have listed under the “reason for selecting Industry Partner” section.
If you would like to find an internship that reflects your PhD thesis and boosts the opportunity for you to engage with industry, please submit an enquiry or general application and one of our Business Developers will be in touch to answer any questions you may have.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours, spending at least 80% of their time on-site with the industry partner. The intern will be expected to maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
3 – 5 Months
Earning potential of $9k-15k over 3-5 months
FOR ANY ENQUIRIES ABOUT THIS INTERNSHIP03 8344 1785