Toyota Used Vehicles Omni Experience
Business, Economics and Management
- This internship is able to cover project costs for both domestic and international students.
- The Industry Partner has implemented appropriate preparations to comply with Federal and State Government requirements regarding COVID-19 safety.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
Toyota Australia is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, which is based in Japan. It markets Toyota products and manages motorsport, advertising and business operations for Toyota in Australia. It is also responsible for Lexus vehicles in Australia.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Able to work with large data sets and within a multidisciplinary team
- Contribute to business case development presentation towards Senior Executive members
- High profile project activity.
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
The rapid changes and development in digital technology, are presenting great opportunity to connect with customers in a very different way to traditional retail models. Toyota’s digital guest experience teams are at the forefront of utilising changes in customer behaviour & digital technologies to create a seamless customer journey.
The purpose of the research is to conduct both internal and industry analysis on consumer behaviour when they are engaging with Toyota’s used vehicle online platform. This analysis will be used to inform future design for Toyota’s vehicle search & enquiry platform. The work will be undertaken in consultation with both business and IT development teams, with a view to identifying the area of focus to create value for customers, Toyota and its dealer network.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Highly developed analytics capability
- Problem solving skill set
- Strong Verbal & Written communication skills
- Experience working with IT systems and or development teams
- Strong Marketing and Business acumen.
Outcome of the research is to produce an in depth report that provides insights in to customer engagement with Toyota’s digital platforms, as the foundation to support current system improvements and new platform design.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of scholarship payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN