A Gold Coast Manufacturing Industry Profile
Business, Economics and Management
- This internship is able to cover project costs for domestic students only.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
TAFE Queensland is Queensland’s largest, most experienced training provider with a history of serving Queensland’s communities for more than 135 years. They deliver practical, industry-relevant training across a range of industries from entry-level certificates to bachelor degrees, at more than 50 locations in Queensland.
TAFE Queensland offer more than 500 practical, industry-relevant courses to over 110,000 students each year.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Network and build strategic relationships
- Facilitate small and large meetings as well as event planning
- Present written and oral reports to the Gold Coast Manufacturing Ecosystem of stakeholders
- Co-develop a project plan including KPIs, measures and timelines using a cloud-based project management system
- Use organisational systems such as CRM and use of quality assured processes
- Complete induction, WHS processes, ongoing PD requirements and separation processes
- Identify and gather quantitative and qualitative data for analysis
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
TAFE Queensland, on behalf of the Gold Coast Manufacturing Ecosystem is looking for a PhD student to work with the appointed project officer to:
- Identify and gather regional intelligence collection to develop a Gold Coast Manufacturing Profile document to showcase industry capabilities based on industry data and sectors, employment, workforce skill needs, digital technology impacts, advanced manufacturing, type and size of businesses, and geographical mapping, etc.
- Identify by a sample survey, the level of image and profile of the Manufacturing Industry for the Gold Coast region by determining current perceptions of the community, industry, schools, and career influencers, etc.
- Support the identification of employers to participate in industry reference groups.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, Indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including adaption of communication style to meet the diverse needs of stakeholders
- Flexibility to adapt the project plan as necessary
- Ability to connect the micro-economic activities of a business to the more strategic goals of the industry sector
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
The PhD student will:
- Develop the methodology to gather quantitative and qualitative data
- Produce a Gold Coast Manufacturing Profile based on the data gathered and analysed
- Collate a list of manufacturing businesses and identify businesses interested in future project involvement
- Assist in the development of a marketing strategy to change negative perceptions of the manufacturing industry.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN