Research and Develop Adult Beverages that Improve the Health and Wellbeing of their Consumers
Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
- This internship is able to cover project costs for domestic students only.
- The Industry Partner has implemented appropriate preparations to comply with Federal and State Government requirements regarding COVID-19 safety. Due to remote arrangements, this internship is now accepting applications from eligible PhD students nationwide.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
Lion Brewing are the largest brewer in Australia, bringing together four large and four small breweries across the country – from the iconic XXXX Brewery in Queensland and Boag’s Brewery in Tasmania to craft breweries such as Malt Shovel Brewery in Sydney and Little Creatures in Fremantle and Geelong.
Lion have led the way in providing Australians flavoursome and credible lower alcohol alternatives, helping to embed moderation as a normal part of life.
Delivering on the needs and expectations of their customers remains critical to their long-term success and their ability to grow their categories for mutual benefit. They are proud of the fact they are ranked the #1 alcohol supplier in Australia, and a core plank of their strategy is continual improvement year-on-year.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to apply research skills to solve real-world problems
- Opportunity to influence consumer decisions and help in the formation of healthy habits
- Opportunity to learn how to apply skills gained in academia to industry
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
Even prior to COVID-19, health and maintaining a healthy lifestyle was growing in importance in the collective consciousness. However, while people often state that they intend on improving their behaviour and diets, the reality is that most people struggle to make lasting changes. Lion wishes to develop adult beverages that improve the health and wellbeing of their consumers. As such, the identification of the most influential factors for improving diets is vital in order to develop successful products.
The successful candidate will be conducting a literature review of the current scientific research on the factors that influence the formation of new, healthy, habits – with an emphasis on the techniques used to improve diet. The candidate will synthesise the information they find into potential strategies that may be used by Lion.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Strong understanding of experimental study design and appropriate statistical methodology
- A background in behavioural psychology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A motivated individual who is able to work independently
The identification of ways in which consumers may be influenced to make healthier choices in adult beverages.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN