Data Driven Marketing for Clinical Trials
Engineering, IT, Mathematics and Statistics
- This internship is able to cover project costs for domestic students only.
- The Industry Partner has implemented appropriate preparations to comply with Federal and State Government requirements regarding COVID-19 safety. Due to remote arrangements, this internship is now accepting applications from eligible PhD students nationwide.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
GP InnoVentures are a community-based drug development partner with a rich and diverse SMO network in Australia.
With access to a unique network of GP Investigators and patient populations, and best-in-class technology platform partners, GP InnoVentures offers end-to-end clinical trials services to local and international pharmaceutical, biotech, digital health and clinical research organisations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to collaborate with the CEO to build this from the ground up
- Ability to create a first of it’s growth hacking recruitment approach
- To work on a community-based platform for clinical trial recruitment
- Long term impact on enabling more clinical trials in Australia
- Use a data-driven and experimentation approach to create a marketing and recruitment approach for clinical trials
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
- GP InnoVentures aim to position their network as a responsible, dependable, and efficient host of clinical trials in Australia. The single most significant challenge of running a clinical trial is to assure timely recruitment. GP InnoVentures will access these trial participants through community clinics. GP InnoVentures will build its competitive advantage through the strength of its network, Data Analytics, cutting edge technology, and the ability to recruit and retain.
- GP InnoVentures aims to focus on recruitment in two different ways.
- The first approach is to follow a Silicon Valley and start-up model of “growth hacking”. The goal of growth hacking strategies is generally to acquire as many users or customers as possible while spending as little as possible.
- The second approach is to build a “interested” community in partnerships with Not-for-profits and Associations focussed on specific therapeutic areas (e.g. Diabetes Australia).
- The goal is to conduct multiple experiments, create a framework and test the validity of different approaches to creating traction for both the approaches
- The first step is to select a range of metrics that will work for the first and second approach. We have selected about 10 metrics or so and we will be using this as a starting point.
- The second is to focus on a specific community (diabetes) and test the various ideas including offline, online and other approaches. This will include A/B testing, data collection, understanding how cohorts will perform.
- The third step is to refine this approach to enable a community to showcase interest in clinical trials and join the GP InnoVentures Community.
- The fourth step is to replicate this across other communities and show case-framework and approach that is replicable and scalable.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Knowledge and experience of date science, data analytics particularly growth hacking
- A data driven framework for marketing and recruitment for clinical trials
- Tested in a few communities and validated
- Create an approach to scale this
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN