Metadata Extraction on the Edge
Engineering, IT, Mathematics and Statistics
- This internship is able to cover project costs for domestic students only.
- The Industry Partner has implemented appropriate preparations to comply with Federal and State Government requirements regarding COVID-19 safety. Due to remote arrangements, this internship is now accepting applications from eligible PhD students nationwide.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
Eratos is a cloud-based platform for constructing context around measured and processed datasets in a decentralised manner.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to apply research skills to a real world problem in AI
- Development of teamwork skills and attending daily standup meeting
- Working in a structured development environment including development of skills in the use of Jira/slack/confluence/github.
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
- Investigate deep learning technologies that are suitable for scaling across a multitude of CPU and GPU architectures
- Research different deep learning network topologies to test their applicability and effectiveness across a range of compute and storage infrastructures
- Develop python based code to automate extraction of suitable metadata from documents, images, and videos.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Previous experience coding in Python, familiarity with C/Go is also preferred
- Familiarity with the use of Tensorflow and/or Keras in feature extraction, NLP, or classification.
- Delivery of a report that outlines the capabilities, performance, and limitations of various deep learning techniques and implementations across a wide range of compute and storage infrastructure
- Delivery of software capable of automating extraction of suitable metadata from documents, images, and video that may run across a wide range of environments.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN