Business Innovation – Defence
Business, Economics and Management, Engineering, IT, Mathematics and Statistics
- This internship is able to cover project costs for domestic students only.
- The Industry Partner has implemented appropriate preparations to comply with Federal and State Government requirements regarding COVID-19 safety. Due to remote arrangements, this internship is now accepting applications from eligible PhD students nationwide.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
The duMonde Group (“duMonde”) is a boutique consulting and training company that specialises in building Government & Defence sector capability. duMonde supports federal, state and territory governments as well as private industry from large multi-national prime contractors to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), through the provision of world class professional services throughout Australia. duMonde is a fast paced, rapidly expanding and progressive company with a strong reputation for delivering high quality and value for money services to its clients.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to collaborate in the highly desirable Defence Sector
- Opportunity to develop core business innovations and diversified business products in consultation with Senior Leadership Team
- Opportunity to grow and develop core consulting skillsets such as research and data analysis, business writing and content development
- Opportunity for long-term employment based on internship performance and cultural fit
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
Project 1: Core Business Innovation – Development of content and video editing of new L&D Product ‘Output Based Learning’
Project 2: Diversified Business Product – Research and Development of Diversified Business Product to productise innovation/ideas
Analysis of viability of Project 1/Project 2 in consultation with relevant Senior Leadership. Research optimal development systems/tools/pathways and compare and analyse potential competitor products. Development of innovative online product in partnership with relevant Senior Leadership.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Business/Econ/Management related degree
- Content Writing
- Video development/editing
- Marketing/comms planning and execution
- Graphic Design
- Advanced PPT skills
- IT/Systems Engineering/Data Science related degree
- Web/software development experience
- Knowledge of algorithms
- System modelling
- Data mining/analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- Innovative thinking
Please note: research outcomes are to be negotiated and agreed upon with the selected candidate during the project plan stage
Project 1: Core Business Innovation- Development of content and video editing of new L&D Product ‘Output Based Learning’
Project 2: Diversified Business Product- Research and Development of Diversified Business Product to productise innovation/ideas
NB. Research outcomes may change throughout engagement
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN