Simulation of Aerodynamic Control Surfaces to Manipulate Flight Characteristics
Engineering, IT, Mathematics and Statistics
- Ideally the Intern would be onsite (Dandenong South) at least 3 of 5 days per week, preference being on site full time.
- Baseline security clearance desirable but not essential. However Australian citizenship will be required.
- This research internship is funded in partnership with Defence Science Institute.
ABOUT THE INDUSTRY PARTNER
DefendTex is an Australian owned Defence company with a strong focus on innovation, research and technology development. DefendTex services military and law enforcement communities around the world.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity of gaining experience in a skilled multi-disciplinary engineering team on an innovative project.
- Hands on approach to validate the design/simulation though physical testing.
- Exposure to the fast-paced defence industry.
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
The effects of geometric features on the stability and accuracy of ballistic projectiles.
SKILLS WISH LIST
If you’re a postgraduate research student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Passion for CFD
- Experience in CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Fundamental understanding in engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience in or a willingness to learn about ballistics
- Ability to think outside the square
Real world testing to correlate the simulation results to increase the reliability/accuracy of the simulation.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of scholarship payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
Please note, applications are reviewed regularly and this internship may be filled prior to the advertised closing date if a suitable applicant is identified. Early submissions are encouraged.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN