Engineering, IT, Mathematics and Statistics
- This internship is able to cover project costs for domestic students only.
- The Industry Partner has implemented appropriate preparations to comply with Federal and State Government requirements regarding COVID-19 safety. Due to remote arrangements, this internship is now accepting applications from eligible PhD students nationwide.
Consunet Pty Ltd delivers Information Technology consulting, software engineering and related services to the Australian Defence industry, Government organisations and commercial enterprise customers.
Geolocation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geolocation) is well understood and there are multiple techniques that can be applied to the problem. Typically, these are done from a 2-dimensional perspective. There is a growing need for an ability to do this in a computationally efficient manner for 3-dimensional geolocation.
RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED
This project would have the successful applicant working with an extant Consunet Team that realise practical hardware and software solutions. The project to be undertaken would:
- characterise the problem domain
- identify suitable baseline solutions
- undertake computational and error ellipsoid performance analysis and
- create and evaluate novel high performance computationally tractable solutions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
We are looking for a PhD student with the following:
- Mathematics – Transforms, Integration, Numerical Programming
To be negotiated with the successful candidate and supervisor.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours and maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
CONNECT WITH APR.INTERN