eLearning for Teachers
Location: Adelaide, SA
Duration: 5 months
Makers Empire is an Adelaide based 3D technology company who support primary and middle school teachers to develop their students’ design thinking skills with their easy to use 3D design software and design curriculum. They provide face to face and online professional development to support teachers in using their products and programs. They believe that their online professional development offerings could be improved to make them more useful, relevant and accessible for teachers. Makers Empire are looking for someone to evaluate their current offering and to lead the development of an improved online training and professional development course. The new course should take advantage of available technologies for best practice in eLearning for adults, and model contemporary and relevant pedagogies for adult learning.
Research to be Conducted
Makers Empire are looking for someone to evaluate their current offerings from the points of view of all stakeholders and to make recommendations for the redevelopment of their online professional learning and training modules. Research should be conducted to ascertain the most useful and effective content, functionality and delivery modes to ensure that teachers are successfully onboarded, trained and supported to achieve ongoing success using Makers Empire.
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Ability to develop effective eLearning courses for adults using current tools and best practice pedagogies.
- Ability to use research-based methods for evaluating adult learning courses from all stakeholder perspectives and making recommendations for improvements.
- Knowledge and/or experience of K-8 education settings including contemporary curriculum and pedagogies.
By the end of this project, Makers Empire are expecting to have an improved online professional development and training course for teachers, which:
- Builds upon and improves their existing offering,
- Is engaging, functional and effective,
- Takes advantage of available eLearning tools and effective pedagogies,
- Provides Makers Empire teachers with an efficient and easy to follow onboarding process,
- Provides relevant training for teachers in how to use Makers Empire’s 3D modelling software and Teacher’s Dashboard
- Engages teachers in relevant professional development that helps build capacity, confidence and expertise in maker pedagogy, design thinking, curriculum integration and design-based learning,
- Supports teachers to implement Makers Empire across their schools, leading to ongoing school success and increased renewals.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours, spending at least 80% of their time on-site with the industry partner. The intern will be expected to maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
12 February 2020
APR – 1327