Take Breakthrough Technology that Creates Nutrient Rich Products for Plants into the Home-Garden Market
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Duration: 3-4 months
Pacific Bio is an Australian aquaculture and biotech company that is setting a new standard in sustainable on-shore aquaculture and wastewater management. Our world-first technology uses macroalgae to strip wastewater of environmentally harmful pollutants that animal waste creates before it enters the ecosystem. We also use this breakthrough technology to create nutrient rich products for plants. PlantJuice™ is our powerful biostimulant/fertiliser that supports farmers to produce better crops.
We have launched PlantJuice and sell directly to farmers and wholesalers. We are looking to expand our market and sell to the home gardening market via an e-commerce site and affiliate retail/online stores.
Research to be Conducted
In order to penetrate the home gardening market, Pacific Bio are seeking an intern to carry out the following research:
- Market research – Provide an overview of the home gardening fertiliser market including a snapshot, segmentation and product pricing methodology.
- Market access – Assessment of supply chain costs and regulations. Analysis of current competitors in the market. Establishing best route to market. Ie e-commerce, partnerships/affiliates.
- Marketing and packaging – Product range most appealing, marketing strategy, including, but not limited to brand positioning, assessing preferred packaging method and packaging capabilities and cost.
If you’re a PhD student and meet some or all the below we want to hear from you. We strongly encourage women, indigenous and disadvantaged candidates to apply:
- Market research and/or business analytics experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of e-commerce and retail sales desirable
We are seeking to produce a detailed report, covering opportunities and provide strategic recommendations in the retail home gardening market.
The project will be scoped prior to the internship commencing with the intern and their academic mentor.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours, spending at least 80% of their time on-site with the industry partner. The intern will be expected to maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
5 February 2020
APR – 1253