Project Firestick: New Venture Opportunity Evaluation
Location: Richmond, VIC
Duration: 3 months
Proposed start date: July 2019
The legal industry is undergoing significant change with consolidation of firms, new entrants introducing new business models and technology driving efficiency. Young lawyers have different goals and are often not satisfied by the drive for profit or willing to work long hours.
Firms need to make big strategic decisions on how to respond to these challenges to ensure their best opportunity for sustainability. Project Firestick is about researching and testing a concept for the firm’s future.
We require a PhD student who is familiar with new venture opportunity evaluation and can bring a business and strategic focus to the research. We do not require a law student it’s a project for someone studying entrepreneurship or similar.
Research to be Conducted
- Research to complete the venture opportunity analysis including competitors and potential clients.
- Set the framework for the future of the firm in terms of strategy including target clients, future employees, specialisations and technology.
We are looking for a PhD student with the following:
- Understanding of entrepreneurship, business, strategy, marketing
- Experience with undertaking a New Venture Opportunity Evaluation
- Completion of the venture opportunity analysis.
The intern will receive $3,000 per month of the internship, usually in the form of stipend payments.
It is expected that the intern will primarily undertake this research project during regular business hours, spending at least 80% of their time on-site with the industry partner. The intern will be expected to maintain contact with their academic mentor throughout the internship either through face-to-face or phone meetings as appropriate.
The intern and their academic mentor will have the opportunity to negotiate the project’s scope, milestones and timeline during the project planning stage.
26 June 2019
APR – 0737